a BOY or a GIRL!!
Sorry, I just couldn't resist using that title! :) Just like with Owen and Avari, we decided to keep the gender a surprise until the baby is born. I had my 20-week appointment on Thursday. Paula, the sonographer, said that everything look great with the baby, and his/her measurements are where they should be. She also said that the baby's heartbeat was 134 and he/she weighed 12 oz. It's hard to believe that I'm already halfway through this pregnancy!!
Owen is getting a little bit more excited about the baby. Emily watched the kids while Alvin and I went to the appointment. Afterwards, Owen told me that he wanted to go with us so he could see pictures of the baby too. Luckily, he was fine with looking at the ultrasound pictures we brought home. They didn't go with us because I knew that Avari wouldn't sit still through the whole thing, and I didn't know what kind of questions Owen would ask, and if I would want to answer some of them. :) He liked looking at the pictures, and it dad asked what they were of, Owen said "our baby". I thought that was really cute! Avari still doesn't take much interest in anything with the baby, but I'm sure she'll come around.
baby's footprints
Owen Update
Since I haven't mentioned much about Owen and preschool, I thought I would do a quick update now. He is doing great at school, and he still loves going! He was especially excited the last two times he went because he got homework! Let's hope that attitude stays when he starts getting homework every night. :) On Feb. 2, they learned about the letter "P", so they had pajama day. The kids got to wear their PJs and bring a pillow to school. Owen also said that they had a picnic, so they got to eat their snacks on a big blanket. He really like that day. This week they had their Valentine's party, which Owen said was a lot of fun. He really enjoys coloring right now, and has been doing a really good job of staying in the lines. He is also getting better at writing his first and last names. He is getting more into Super Heroes. Everyday he switches between being Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and Iron Man. It's a lot of fun watching him grow up, and learn new things. I'm also really glad that he enjoys school as much as he does.
Avari Update
Avari is continuing to do pretty good with the potty. She has setbacks here and there, but she is doing good for the most part. The hardest time has been when she is around a bunch of other kids, and is too busy playing. Those are the times that she's been really bad about telling us she has to go, and will usually pee in her pants. She does great pooping on the potty, as I can't remember the last time she pooped in her pants because it's been so long (knock on wood). Now, if we can just get the peeing down, we would be set. She has definitely been harder than Owen, but it still hasn't been too bad. She is also talking a lot, and I can understand almost everything she says. There are a few times I really have to listen to figure out what she's saying, but not too many. She is also getting real good at knowing her colors and shapes. She also likes to walk around counting. She leaves a few numbers out, but it's really cute listening to her. It's also been a lot of fun watching her grow up and learn different things.
Be sure to check out the post below.




No comments:
Post a Comment