~Our 18-month old~
Avari is little Miss Independent. She always wants to do things herself, and thinks that she can do whatever the big kids do. She no longer wants to be carried, she would much rather walk. She is learning new words all the time, and has started trying to put a few words together. She knows what the color "pink" is and what a "circle" is, so now everything is a circle and pink. :) We have officially started potty training now. I have been sitting her on the potty since May because I was trying to potty train another little boy, and she would want to sit on the potty too, but wasn't that serious about it. I mainly just sat her on the potty when she wanted to sit on it. Now, I have decided to be more consistent with it, but still not push her a lot. She has been doing pretty good, for just starting out. She doesn't tell us when she has to go yet, but will usually go when we sit her on the potty.
She had her 18-month check-up last Thursday, and she's growing and developing perfectly. She is now 25lbs 8oz (75th percentile) and 33-1/2" long (90th percentile).
I'm 18-months old!!
(that's her new "cheese" face) :)
~Our Preschooler~
Owen started preschool last Wednesday, and he loves it!! That morning, he kept asking if it was time to go yet, and if they were going to have a snack. :) After school, he said that he had a lot of fun, and can't wait to go back! I hope he keeps that attitude all year long. Addison is also going, so it is great that they get to start school together, and that they knew someone at school. They are going to St. Henry preschool. I'm proud to say that neither one of us cried, when I dropped him off. Actually, he was busy playing with the toys, and could care less that I was leaving, which made it really easy on me. While I can't believe that we already embarking on the school years, it will be interesting and exciting to watch Owen learn all kinds of new things.
Owen had his 4-year check-up last Thursday, and he is also growing and developing perfectly. He now weighs 36lbs (50th percentile), and he is 43" tall (95th percentile).
I'm a Preschooler now!!
Owen and Adi ready to go into their classroom.
checking out his name and seat
playing with the toys before school starts
Since Katie isn't going to be home for Owen's birthday party, she decided to throw him a very small one on Sept. 1. She bought him a cake and made supper for us. It was very thoughtful of her, and Owen definitely enjoyed the extra party. :) She also gave him his gift that night too, and he as loved playing with all of it, ever since.
Thank you Aunt Katie!
Be sure to check out the post below, and check back soon for pictures from Katie and Adam's wedding!




No comments:
Post a Comment