Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Adi's 5 / The Texans

On Tuesday, Addison turned 5 years old!  Emily and Adi had made brownie cookies, so they brought some along to my house.  Emiy got off early that day, and I happened to have Carter and Mason for a little while, so after Emily got to the house, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Adi, and ate some cookies.  That evening, we went into the Schipp's house for a little birthday celebration with my parents, and Adam's mom and stepdad.
Owen, Mason, Adi, Carter, Kenley, & Avari
(Easton was taking a nap.)  
Happy 5th Birthday Adi Rose!

Friday evening, I had a Tupperware party at my house.  I had a good turn out, and want to thank everyone that came and/or ordered something!  Some of the girls hung around for a little while after it was over, and it was definitely great catching up with them!

Saturday late morning, Alvin had to go to the farm to put in straw, so the kids and I went with my parents to the Jasper Inn to visit my Great-Uncle Donny and Great-Aunt Pearl, who stopped in to visit on their way back to Texas.  They spent two weeks in Ohio, visiting my Great-Aunt Mart (Donny's sister).  They stopped in on their way up to visit with Katie and Adam because they were home for a wedding, and would be back in Virginia, by the time Donny and Pearl came back through.  It was actually the first time they had ever met Adam.  After a short visit, we stopped by the farm so that the kids to watch daddy, Grandpa Boeglin, Kevin, and Danny put in straw, and go on the straw wagon ride that daddy promised to give them.  While we were there, Kristin and the kids stopped by, so Owen, Avari, Kennedy, and Kaden all got to go on a ride.  Afterwards, us girls and all the kids left to go to Addison's 5th birthday party.  The kids had a blast playing in the pool, the sandbox, and with water balloons!  Let's just say that by the end of the night, they were so dirty and sand-covered that we just stripped them all down, and gave them showers with shampoo, body wash, and the hose.  It was cold water, but the kids didn't mind, they LOVED taking showers outside.
Waiting for the guys to come up with a wagon full of straw. 
I have no idea why, but Avari wore this bucket on her head for a long time, while she was playing in the pool.  Any time I'd ask her if she wanted to take it off, she would say no....she gets her weirdness from her daddy!  Haha 
Owen and Kaden 
Easton loves to swing. 
Adi, Owen, and Madison decorating their cupcakes. 
Kenley and Avari decorating their cupcakes. 
Adi and the cupcake she decorated.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDISON!! 
Easton liked climbing into the cozy coupe, and chewing on the horn and the steering wheel.

Sunday morning, the boys stayed at Kevin and Kristin's house, while us girls went to a bridal shower for Ashley.  She is the fiance of Alvin's cousin, Mike Boeglin.  We had to leave the shower early because we had other parties to get too.  I dropped off Kristin and Kennedy, and picked up the boys.  Then we headed over to Margie and Steve's house for a Hartings get-together, since Donny and Pearl were home.  The kids (and some adults) played in the pool and hot tub, while the guys played volleyball, and the aunts/uncles chatted.  It was great seeing them, and spending the day with everyone.  I'm very glad to hear that Uncle Donny and Aunt Pearl made it back to Texas safe and sound.
Owen, Avari, April, and Ethan 
Easton and Kenley right after they went down the slide. 
Great-Aunt Pearl and Great-Uncle Donny Hartings 
Our family with Donny and Pearl
Yes...Avari is wearing swim trunks.  Apparently, I shouldn't pack their swimsuits and towels at midnight.  I could have sworn that I had the top and bottom of her swimsuit Saturday night, but when I went to put them on her, I couldn't find the bottoms anywhere!  Luckily, April had a pair of Gavin's old swim trunks, and Avari didn't mind wearing them because they had flowers on them. : ) 
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment