Some family members having been asking when I am going to start a blog because other family members have them. Well, I'm going to give this a try. I don't know how often I will update it, but I will try to do it at least once a week.
It has been a busy time for the Boeglin family. Alvin and I are busy chasing after Owen who will be 2 1/2 in March. He is constantly keeping us going and he is talking up a storm. We have been working on the whole potty training thing since he turned 2 in September. I think that it's been the toughest thing that we have had to do so far. We didn't have any trouble taking his pacifier away and he was really attached to it. We moved him to a big bed in November and he loved it. He slept in it from the very first night and never once wanted to go back into the crib. Actually, the first night he climbed into his big boy bed and said "Mommy, daddy get out!" We were hoping to have him potty trained by the time the baby comes, but I don't think that is going to happen. Lately, he has been doing better, so that's a good sign (I think).
On the pregnancy front. I will be 38 weeks on Monday, which is hard to believe. If I make it past Saturday, I will have made it longer than I did with Owen. He decided to come 16 days early. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I go longer this time. Everything has been going well with my pregnancy. We are pretty much just in the waiting phase right now. We don't know what we are having, so it will be exciting to finally find out. It will be interesting to see how Owen does with the new baby. He is used to having babies around, but they go home at the end of the day. I don't know what he will do when the baby doesn't leave. He knows that there is a baby in mommy's belly and now he will actually say it. For awhile, if you asked him "What's in mommy's belly?" He would answer "There gas in mommy's belly." It was so nice hearing him tell people that. Luckily, he is only two, so it's cute. I'm glad that he has gotten better about it, and will actually say that there's a baby in there (sometimes).
I will try to post on here weekly. I will also try to keep you updated and let you know when the baby comes, and what Owen thinks of the new addition.
Since I'm sure some people would be dissapoointed if I didn't post any pictures of Owen...here are a few.
taking one of Daisy's puppies for a wagon ride
helping Grandpa Schum feed the cows




No comments:
Post a Comment